Coursework Studies Section
Macquarie University and the Commonwealth Government offer generous scholarships to Indigenous students. Other support services are provided through Warawara- Department of Indigenous Studies
Warawara's objectives are:
- Encourage Indigenous participation at Macquarie University in three ways:
- Through the provision of accessible and effective "block attendance" programs.
- By promoting the University within the Indigenous community.
- Through advising the University on the development of effective University wide entry procedures.
- Support Indigenous students culturally, personally and academically.
- Encourage Indigenous participation across all areas of the University and at all levels.
- Provide advice across the University on all matters relating to Indigenous education, employment and cultural protocol.
- Promote knowledge of Indigenous Australia through the teaching of Indigenous Studies and the promotion of Indigenous perspectives within courses across the University.
- Generate new knowledge in regard to Indigenous Australia through research and publication.
Indigenous Access Scholarship
For: In accordance with the Commonwealth Scholarships Guidelines, institutions will give special consideration to Indigenous Australian applicants to ensure a fair proportion of the CS offered by the institution are awarded to Indigenous Australian applicants.
$4166 offered once in a lifetime.
How to apply
Applications for this scheme are made through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC). More information and the online application can be found at www.uac.edu.au/equity.